This was the breakfast I couldn’t stop making while I was home in January and off from school. It’s super easy and filling!
2 slices Trader Joe’s Uncured Turkey Bacon
Handful of baby spinach
1/2 sweet potato
1 Trader Joe’s Crispbread
4-5 sliced Baby Bella Cremini Mushrooms
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp vinegar
Toppings: Everything but the bagel Trader Joe’s seasoning, Almond Butter
- Prepare a bowl with a handful of spinach at the bottom.
- Cut up 1/2 of a sweet potato into small chunks. Add 1/2 tbsp coconut oil and sweet potato to a pan and bake until tender at 400° F. This usually takes around 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, in a medium pan, place the two slices of turkey bacon on one side, along with the coconut oil with the cremini mushrooms on the other. Add a pinch of sea salt to help the mushrooms release their flavor. As the bacon cooks, saute the mushrooms until soft. Remove from pan and place on top of spinach. Once bacon is cooked, remove from the pan and do the same.
- When the sweet potato is almost done, bring water to a boil with 1 tbsp vinegar in a small pot. Once boiling, take the end of a wooden spoon (or the like) and swirl the water to create a whirlpool. Drop the egg in and let cook for 4 minutes or until the white is set.
- Place your sweet potato into your bowl, and then remove the egg with a slotted spoon and set on top. I also like to put a Trader Joe’s Crispbread on the side.
- I topped my sweet potato with a little bit of almond butter (it’s delicious) and the egg with some Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
Time to enjoy!