One of the perfect little treats in the morning, or any time of the day, is a muffin. While these are denser than your average muffin due to the coconut flour, they’re packed with flavor and delicious.
//makes 8 muffins//
1 1/2 cups almond flour
5 tbsp coconut flour
2/3 cup apple sauce
1 apple, shredded or chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp honey, maple syrup, or agave
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
4 tbsp almond flour
2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Shred or chop the apple very small and place it in a bowl on top of a paper towel. Pour the lemon choice over it and give it a toss. Leave to the side to sit.
- Combine the almond flour, pinch of salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk together to combine.
- Add the coconut oil mixture, along with the eggs and apple sauce to the dry mixture. Once well combined, add in your coconut flour one tablespoon at a time.
- Fold in your apples until everything is combined.
- For the topping, mix together your coconut oil and sugar until smooth. Add in the cinnamon, salt, and almond flour until crumbly.
- Separate into your muffin or cupcake pan, top with some of the topping mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool, remove from the pan and enjoy!